The Digital Transformation Centre (DTC) delivers application and platform services based on Java and open source software. It specialises in the transformation of legacy solutions to modern cloud-native architectures.
The DC delivers solutions using DevOps principles and modern agile ways of working using a range of technologies including Java and its open source ecosystem, microservices, infrastructure-as-code, NoSQL databases, containerisation, JEE, Oracle database, cloud (AWS/Azure) and on-premiseplatforms (CHS/FJS/FAST).
This team is providing an overarching site for all aspects of the Delivery centre (DC). Individual channels setup and centrally managed by leadership team and PMO. All DTC staff are encouraged to make MS teams the first ‘go-to’ source information.
The work (Compulsory)
You will be working in an Agile Scrum team on the development of software of one or more release based projects. You will be involved in projects that are varied and challenging and require a sound software and system testing skills.
Innovation is at the heart of all we do, which is why you’ll be utilising a variety of Open Source and proprietary technologies to achieve the best possible outcomes.
What you’ll do
- Checking and assessing requirements, including assessing testability of designs.
- Creating low-level test scripts and setting up test data in conjunction with external systems and teams.
- Running tests, collecting and recording results and then retesting to prove that errors identified have been corrected.
- Keep the wider team including the Product Owner, up to date with the test progress including any risk-based assessments undertaken and raise any issues when relevant.
- Has proven knowledge in microservices and transformation projects
- Experienced in API testing
- Hands-on experience in using automated testing frameworks (e.g, Cucumber, JUnit)
- Knowledge of Stubs such as Wiremock
- Knowledge of Linux
- Understanding Non-Functional, Load or Performance testing
What you’ll need
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong problem-solving & collaborative skills
- Previous experience as a Technical Tester
- Strong understanding of the QA process, defining and implementing test designs.
- Strong background in software integration and system testing
- Experience in Functional or System Integration Testing.
- Experience in driving test design/scripts and execution for evaluation of fit-for-purpose.
- Experience using JIRA , Confluence or any backlog or test management tooling
- Strong experience of iterative / incremental software delivery
- Maintaining and executing automated testing cycles, coordinating efforts with external teams
- Experience/Understanding of Git or other repositories
- Knowledge of Agile
We help organisations become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals and so will you.
In addition, we offer, professional development, accelerated career progression and an environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. Although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Learning and Development
There’s an endless amount to learn, and an endless number of ways to do so. You can choose alearningjourneythatsuitsyourpersonalaspirations,allowingyoutoalignyourownambitionswithour career framework. We will support you to get the future you want. There will always be newlearnings and compelling opportunities to excite you. As well as having access to a wide range oflearning tools and formal training, you will also be part of a strong role-based community that willofferongoingsupport, coaching andmentorship.
Work Life Balance
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. We’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
Corporate Social Responsibility
We’re focused on using technology to create a positive social impact. We are, therefore, working toreduce our carbon footprint and improve everyone’s access to a digital world. It’s somethingwe’reseriousabout.You willbejoining ateamthat prioritisespositivechange.
Potential is just as important to us, as having the required skills. If you have the right mindset, wemightbeabletoprovideyouwithbespoketraining. So,ifyou’renot sureyouhavealltheskillsyouneed,but you’restillpassionateabouttherole,pleaseapplyandwe’llseeif wecansupportyou.
We are proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and their cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. We view diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
The company is a leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology, and engineeringservices.Weareattheforefrontofinnovation. In the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms, we addresstheentirebreadthofclientopportunities. Building on strong heritage and deepindustry-specific expertise, we enable organizations to realise their business ambitions, through anarray ofservices,fromstrategytooperations.Wearedriven bytheconviction thatthebusinessvalueoftechnology, comes fromandthroughpeople.