The Digital Delivery Centre was set up in 2015 to support public sector Digital by Default ambitions. Following the Agile methodology, the services that we deliver have the user’s needs at the forefront. We have grown our capacity in the centre by almost 85% in 18 months, and we are now looking for the right candidates to support our future expansion plans.
You will have the responsibility for ensuring the teams in the Digital Delivery Centre follow consistent agile practices as they develop complex digital solutions. As a Leader and Coach you will be responsible for mentoring the Scrum Masters to ensure best practices are implemented and are being followed and escalating centre-wide and strategic blockers to progress. You will also have responsibility to lead a scrum team within the centre.
What you’ll do
- Ensure the consistent, reliable and repeatable delivery of Digital Services by the Agile Delivery teams through the promotion of Agile/Scrum principles and practices and by mentoring and coaching individual team Scrum Masters to optimise these methodologies for enhanced delivery.
- Ensure the scrum team follows the Agile methodology and the scrum framework, supported via appropriate coaching and scrum master activities.
- Remove blockers to successful delivery
- Lead the teams towards the goal of becoming self-managing, optimally performing teams.
- Promote Scrum values of Transparency, Focus, Courage, Respect, Commitment within the centre
- Act as a buffer for the teams, removing distractions to delivery and interference from externals
- Facilitate centre-wide ceremonies (scrum of scrums, showcase, joint planning etc)
- Mentor and coach scrum masters
- Drive consistent reporting on sprint activity to senior management
- Manage senior stakeholder engagement
- Undertake other Agile awareness activities, as required, across the business to build Agile awareness.
What you’ll need
- Experience of delivering online, web and digital products using the Agile Scrum methodology
- Experience of coaching, mentoring and managing Scrum Masters and Scrum teams and an advocate of continuous improvement and subject matter expertise.
- Ability to work with and collaborate with software development teams, product managers, operations managers and other digital centres to ensure that we have the technologies and processes in place to allow our teams to work efficiently.
- Ability to manage senior stakeholders and report into the Centre’s Leadership team
- Ability to promote and increase awareness of Agile activates across the wider business and communities.
- Clear thinking and creative flair.
We help organisations become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals and so will you.
In addition, we offer, professional development, accelerated career progression and an environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. Although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Learning and Development
There’s an endless amount to learn, and an endless number of ways to do so. You can choose a learning journey that suits your personal aspirations, allowing you to align your own ambitions with our career framework. We will support you to get the future you want. There will always be new learnings and compelling opportunities to excite you. As well as having access to a wide range of learning tools and formal training, you will also be part of a strong role-based community that will offer ongoing support, coaching and mentorship.
Work Life Balance
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. We’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
Corporate Social Responsibility
We’re focused on using technology to create a positive social impact. We are, therefore, working to reduce our carbon footprint and improve everyone’s access to a digital world. It’s something we’re serious about. You will be joining a team that prioritises positive change.
Potential is just as important to us, as having the required skills. If you have the right mindset, we might be able to provide you with bespoke training. So, if you’re not sure you have all the skills you need, but you’re still passionate about the role, please apply and we’ll see if we can support you.
We are proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and their cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. We view diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
The company is a leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology, and engineering services. We are at the forefront of innovation. In the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms, we address the entire breadth of client opportunities. Building on strong heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, we enable organizations to realise their business ambitions, through an array of services, from strategy to operations. We are driven by the conviction that the business value of technology, comes from and through people.