We want passionate, energetic Platform/DevOps Engineers to work as part of an agile team to help clients build and continuously improve digital services using the best of open source software. We’re looking for Engineers that aren’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and get stuck-in. You should learn quickly and love a challenge. Join us and help grow our already large and strong community of digital specialists, share ideas and innovate. You’ll be surrounded by some amazing people and working in one of the best cultures that you can find.
You will be assigned to the Digital Platform Engineering Unit working across a number of major Public Sector clients. Primarily working with Open Source software, the team are first and foremost engineers, putting Software Engineering and professionalism at the heart of delivery. You will get to work with a set of technologies and ways of working that are starting to define the industry as well as work with other top engineers, who are at the forefront of technology.You will be working with exceptionally talented colleagues who will support you, and help you in turn to support your colleagues. You will be part of a unit that will be constantly innovating and you will play your part in shaping those innovations.
We’ll also offer you several weeks of training to help you develop your skills where appropriate. The training will be tailored to your needs, through a variety of online learning paths, and supported by mentoring, advice and guidance from your technical lead. Wherever possible, it will be backed up with industry recognised certification and hands on practical through a mini-project in our modern TechHub facility. Examples of target certifications include AWS (Architect, Developer, SysOps, DevOps), Azure (Developing Microsoft Azure Solutions), RedHat (RHCSA, RHCE, Ansible Automation etc..), Puppet, etc…
What you’ll do
- You’ll undertake cross-functional engineering projects, working in small teams with other engineers in different knowledge spheres, building supportable, sustainable and reliable services
- You’ll work with great engineers – at the end of the day it’s all about people. We have a team of great engineers who work together in a community and help each other to deliver and develop as professionals. We work on large scale, technically challenging projects.
- You’ll work with great technology – the UK Public Sector has an IT strategy based on user centric design, modern open source technology, continuous integration/delivery, and modern software architectures such as microservices and cloud technology to name but a few.
- You’ll help us achieve our vision – the chance to make a real difference at the heart of the digital transformation within the UK Public Sector.
- You’ll get opportunities to develop and progress – working on large scale, technically challenging projects. You will be constantly learning through modern learning environments. You will have the opportunity to attend conferences, support tech meetups, take part in hackathons, gain industry recognised certification and much, much more..
We are looking for Platform/DevOps Engineers with an appetite to extend their knowledge and apply new skills rapidly on challenging projects. You’ll bring a broad range of experience in modern open source stacks, so don’t worry if you haven’t got strong experience in every skill listed below. If you can demonstrate a good selection of these skills, and a passion for developing exciting new technical skills, then we’d really like to talk to you.
What you’ll need
Things we seek:
- Appetite for learning new technologies
- Experience debugging complex, multi-server service in a high availability production environment.
- Good communication skills both in written and verbal format with the ability to convey complex technical concepts clearly and concisely
- Extremely sound knowledge of GNU/Linux.
- Experience of building infrastructure in AWS using Terraform
- AWS certification (SysOps/Developer/Architect) – preferred but not essential
- Knowledge and experience of setting up and using configuration management tooling – Puppet preferred.
- Reasonable fluency in at least one of: Ruby, Go, Python
- Strong Understanding of CI environments and how they facilitate the automation process with other orchestration tools.
- Ability to converse with both internal and external stakeholders, holding the appropriate level of conversation at all times
Things we like:
- Linux (RHEL/CentOS)
- Core Networking &Loadbalancing
- Python / Ruby / Go
- Jenkins / Bamboo
- Git / GitHub / GitLab
- Graphite / Grafana / ELK / Prometheus
- SQL / NO-SQL DB’s
- Docker (Swarm / Kubernetes)
- HashiCorp (Packer / Terraform / Vault / Consul)
We help organisations become more agile, more competitive and more successful. Smart, tailored, ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. But so, too, is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and with our clients, we get under the skin of businesses and to the heart of their goals and so will you.
In addition, we offer, professional development, accelerated career progression and an environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. Although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
Learning and Development
There’s an endless amount to learn, and an endless number of ways to do so. You can choose alearningjourneythatsuitsyourpersonalaspirations,allowingyoutoalignyourownambitionswithour career framework. We will support you to get the future you want. There will always be newlearnings and compelling opportunities to excite you. As well as having access to a wide range oflearning tools and formal training, you will also be part of a strong role-based community that willofferongoingsupport, coaching andmentorship.
Work Life Balance
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. We’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly. As an example, some of our team members work four days a week, but travel across the UK during their working days. Or you might prefer to work three days a week (in a job share scenario) with travel limited to Greater London. If you are the right person for this role, we’ll find the right working approach for you.
Corporate Social Responsibility
We’re focused on using technology to create a positive social impact. We are, therefore, working toreduce our carbon footprint and improve everyone’s access to a digital world. It’s somethingwe’reseriousabout.You willbejoining ateamthat prioritisespositivechange.
Potential is just as important to us, as having the required skills. If you have the right mindset, wemightbeabletoprovideyouwithbespoketraining. So,ifyou’renot sureyouhavealltheskillsyouneed,but you’restillpassionateabouttherole,pleaseapplyandwe’llseeif wecansupportyou.
We are proud to represent nearly 130 nationalities and their cultural diversity. Our holistic definition of diversity extends beyond gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, race, age and religion. We view diversity as everything that makes us who we are as an organization, including our social background, our experiences in life and work, our communication styles and even our personality. These dimensions contribute to the type of diversity we value the most: diversity of thought.
The company is a leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology, and engineeringservices.Weareattheforefrontofinnovation. In the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms, we addresstheentirebreadthofclientopportunities. Building on strong heritage and deepindustry-specific expertise, we enable organizations to realise their business ambitions, through anarray ofservices,fromstrategytooperations.Wearedriven bytheconviction thatthebusinessvalueoftechnology, comes fromandthroughpeople.