We are looking for flexible, skilled Front-end developers to fill this role. Using agile methods, you will work closely with other members of the scrum team throughout the development cycle in order to design, build, test, maintain and support the new digital services.
What you’ll do
- Build, deploy and operate outstanding digital services within an agile environment that meet well-defined user needs
- Provide mentorship and/or line management for more junior Front-end developers where necessary
- Contribute to a culture of continual improvement in which key systems “owned” by your digital service team are regularly analysed, maintained and improved.
- Contribute to a robust automated test suite to work in a continuous integration environment
- Become involved in a wide web development community, building relationships with other front-end developers and identifying best practices we can adopt
- Sharing knowledge of tools and techniques with technical and non-technical team members in the wider digital team.
- Completion of work allocated within agreed time, cost and quality criteria and providing progress reports on assigned work as required
- Prompt escalation of problems, issues and risks as necessary
- Technologies & skills-
Digital, Open Source, Scala Digital technologies e.g. Scala, Play Framework, mongoDB, Java, JSON, XML, Microservices, Docker, Puppet, IntelliJ, IDE, Sbt, CSS Examples — Java Development, Weblogic, Webmethods, Java Scripting, J2SE, J2EE, Spring, EJB, HTML, HTML5, Unix, Eclipse, SOAP, XML, REST, JBOSS, Apache, Tomact, SQL, Hibernate, JUnit, Selenium (Automation), GiT Open Source technology Digital technologies Adobe Forms Development
What you’ll need
- Open Source & Digital experience – the ability to pick up new tools, examples of which are all listed.
- Understanding of common web application architectures. Experience configuring and managing Linux servers for serving a dynamic website. Experience debugging a complex multi-server service
- Scripting or basic programming skills. Familiarity with network protocols – TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, etc.
- Installation and management of open-source monitoring tools. Configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef
- Deploying and configuring machines in a Cloud environment
- Understanding of application deployment strategies and continuous integration
working within a product-centric environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills, Problem solving and creativity skills, Honesty and Integrity, Eagerness to learn, Drive and energy
- Lateral thinking: generate innovative approaches and solutions to complex problems
Pragmatism: delivery-focused, adaptable and responsive
- Influencing skills to drive change and continuous improvement
- Self-starter with demonstrable career progression through personal initiative
- Passionate and energetic: ambitious, committed, drives immediacy and urgency
- Strong people skills: communication, negotiation, listening
- Demonstrable ability to learn new platforms and technologies quickly
- Confident to engage with client
We help organisations across the world become more agile, competitive, and successful. Smart, tailored, often ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. However, so is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and our clients, we get under the skin of businesses, to the heart of their goals and so will you.
Learning and Development
There’s an endless amount to learn, and an endless number of ways to do so. You can choose a learning journey that suits your personal aspirations, allowing you to align your own ambitions with our career framework. We will support you to get the future you want. There will always be new learnings and compelling opportunities to excite you. As well as having access to a wide range of learning tools and formal training, you will also be part of a strong role-based community that will offer ongoing support, coaching and mentorship.
Work Life Balance
We understand that everyone has varied lives and we want you to have a great work-life balance. We encourage flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please discuss this with us.
Corporate Social Responsibility
We’re focused on using technology to create a positive social impact. We are, therefore, working to reduce our carbon footprint and improve everyone’s access to a digital world. It’s something we’re serious about. You will be joining a team that prioritises positive change.
Potential is just as important to us, as having the required skills. If you have the right mindset, we might be able to provide you with bespoke training. So, if you’re not sure you have all the skills you need, but you’re still passionate about the role, please apply and we’ll see if we can support you.
We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing, and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
The company is a leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology, and engineering services. We are at the forefront of innovation. In the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms, we address the entire breadth of client opportunities. Building on strong heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, we enable organizations to realise their business ambitions, through an array of services, from strategy to operations. We are driven by the conviction that the business value of technology, comes from and through people.