Content Designers are responsible for writing the content that will help users understand how to manage their tax affairs through a new public sector digital service. You will work with software developers, designers, policy and legal teams to produce outstanding digital services and information. The material that you develop will cover a wide range of topics and users, so you need to be user-focused and know how to write with the user in mind first and foremost.
The role will be based in Worthing but some travel to other parts of England will be required to liaise with customers.
This is a pivotal role that will help people in their everyday lives. You will be responsible for writing the content that will help users manage their interactions with government departments through digital services. The material that you develop will cover a wide range of topics and users, so you will need to be user-focused and know how to write with the user in mind.
Recent times have taught us that working remotely is a successful way of collaborating, but on occasion you will be asked to attend other locations in the UK for short periods.
What you’ll do
As a Content Designer you will:
- Write high quality content for a new digital service that will encourage people to use them
- Take complex language and processes and make them simple to understand
- Develop content in such a way that it will encourage people who rarely go online to use the new services
- Collaborate with the Product Manager, Digital Service Manager, Business Analysts and User Researchers to define the messages that the new services should convey
- Work with the Product Manager, Digital Service Manager, Business Analysts and User Researchers to refine the services in light of external factors such as changes to policy, legislation, technology or user requirements
- Build relationships and work effectively within an agile delivery model with colleagues and external providers, for example user researchers and business analysts.
- Communicate credibly with a wide range of digital delivery disciplines and talent both internally and externally.
What you’ll need
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of writing for the web, with proven ability of creating content that is accessible and usable
- Experience of user-centred design
- Proven experience in using metrics and user feedback to define/refine content
- Experience in choosing the best format for displaying information to the user
- Proven experience of working within a web, online and digital environment,
- Experience in working with content management and publishing systems
- Proficient in writing Markdown.
- Collaborating and Partnering
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Delivering at Pace
We help organisations across the world become more agile, competitive, and successful. Smart, tailored, often ground-breaking technical solutions to complex problems are the norm. However, so is a culture that’s as collaborative as it is forward thinking. Working closely with each other, and our clients, we get under the skin of businesses, to the heart of their goals and so will you.
Learning and Development
There’s an endless amount to learn, and an endless number of ways to do so. You can choose a learning journey that suits your personal aspirations, allowing you to align your own ambitions with our career framework. We will support you to get the future you want. There will always be new learnings and compelling opportunities to excite you. As well as having access to a wide range of learning tools and formal training, you will also be part of a strong role-based community that will offer ongoing support, coaching and mentorship.
Work Life Balance
We understand that everyone has varied lives and we want you to have a great work-life balance. We encourage flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please discuss this with us.
Corporate Social Responsibility
We’re focused on using technology to create a positive social impact. We are, therefore, working to reduce our carbon footprint and improve everyone’s access to a digital world. It’s something we’re serious about. You will be joining a team that prioritises positive change.
Potential is just as important to us, as having the required skills. If you have the right mindset, we might be able to provide you with bespoke training. So, if you’re not sure you have all the skills you need, but you’re still passionate about the role, please apply and we’ll see if we can support you.
We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are committed to hiring, developing, and retaining the best people to deliver innovative, world-class solutions for our clients. We foster an inclusive culture that enables everyone to achieve their full potential and enjoy a fulfilling career with us. Our comprehensive flexible benefits package and lifestyle policies enable our employees to balance their individual, family and work-life needs.
The company is a leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology, and engineering services. We are at the forefront of innovation. In the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms, we address the entire breadth of client opportunities. Building on strong heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, we enable organizations to realise their business ambitions, through an array of services, from strategy to operations. We are driven by the conviction that the business value of technology, comes from and through people.