- This event has passed.
E2E & IWG Pitching Event – Meet VASHI, WERQWISE and ALBA Bank
November 18, 2020 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
E2E & IWG Pitching Event – Meet VASHI, WERQWISE & ALBA Bank
About the Event
Join us at this exclusive virtual E2E & IWG event where you will have the opportunity to meet, connect and invest in three of the fastest growing British businesses. The companies are:
VASHI – the world’s first modern jewellery brand
VASHI is a highly successful disruptor business in the online and high street retail space. The business is exceptionally strong amongst the Millennial and Gen Z generations otherwise not well served in the market.
- Recently recognised in Fast Track 100 (No. 26) and Profit Track 100 (No.5)
- Currently scaling at >100% per year, a tech-driven business using internet to drive 10x sales profitable growth from 2016 to 2019, strong and credible story behind 2021 financial projections
- Rapid growth out of lockdown due to being an omni-channel native, with a world class digital team
- Vashi Dominguez (Founder, Chairman and CEO): digital entrepreneur of the year, fashion entrepreneur of the year and luxury business personality of the year
- Vashi’s team includes the former global CEO of All Saints, CMO of Airbnb, the Co-founder of Innocent drinks and JamJar Investments and more.
Werqwise – Changing the World of Work post COVID-19
Werqwise is an innovative services business, focused on flexible coworking & private office space. Werqwise provides the office of the future by bringing safe, engaging, customised, amenity and hospitality rich environments to where people want them.
- Werqwise opened its first location (149 New Montgomery, San Francisco, United States of America) in 2018 and reached location profitability within 7 months.
- The business generated a turnover of $7 million with a 40% location margin and a 98% occupancy rate in 2019.
- Werqwise is now the preferred workplace platform for enterprise companies, including Fortune 1000 and disruptive start-ups. (Clients include P&G, Renault Nissan Mitsubishi, Roche and many more.
- Darryl Eales (Chairman): largest investor, Former Owner and Chairman of Oxford United Football Club, 11 years as Chief executive of Lloyds Development Capital (LDC), invested £2.6B in 166 companies; delivered portfolio IRRs of over 30%.
- Alan Mackay (Founder & CEO): COO of Compass Offices, Coworking/shared workspace (Expanded the business to 14 cities and 47 locations with 10,000+ desks and $50M+ revenue).
- Naveen Khugputh (Founder & COO): VP Investment & Finance of Compass Offices, 10+ years with LDC ($3B+ in P.E. transactions)
Alba Bank – The first SME focussed lender to be approved in Scotland
Alba is a new challenger bank with a clear vision and purpose – to support small and medium-sized businesses as they develop their aspirations, grow and realise their potential. Jim McColl is the founder shareholder, director, and driving force behind the creation of Alba Bank. Jim is one of Scotland’s best known and most successful businessmen and entrepreneurs.
- Alba have received their capital liquidity requirements for mobilisation and full authorisation
- Market leading technology platform and focus on relationships – A major differentiator from existing players
- Exit plan – Strong reference cases for a successful liquidity event either IPO or private sale
This event offers investors and entrepreneurs the chance to meet these three pre-screened businesses virtually, talk to the entreprenurs involved, and connect with them with a view to investing.
As a valued E2E guest, you will also be able to connect with our hosts Richard Morris, CEO of IWG UK, the world’s largest serviced office supplier, Douglas Trafalet, Chief Commercial Officer of Dealroom.co and Shalini Khemka, E2E’s Founder and CEO, Deal Maker for the UK Government’s Department of International Trade and a Member of the Mayor of London’s Business Advisory Board.
It promises to be a great evening and we would be thrilled if you would like to join us to hear from 3 E2E members on the cutting edge of entrepreneurship.
Meet your Hosts
Founder & CEO – E2E, Member of the Mayor of London’s Business Advisory Board, Deal Maker – UK Government
Shalini founded E2E in 2011. Her mission was to develop the largest and most active entrepreneurial community in the UK to enable extraordinary connections for entrepreneurs.
Under Shalini’s guidance E2E has become a trusted entrepreneurial community which has one objective: to unlock the full potential of ambitious entrepreneurial businesses by enabling extraordinary connections. It has developed into an exciting and thriving powerhouse of international entrepreneurs, investors and entrepreneurial non-execs, coupled with access to globally leading corporate services. E2E’s ecosystem has ambition and innovation at its core.
Shalini is also a Deal Maker for the UK Government, a Member of the Mayor of London’s Business Advisory Board, a Non-Executive Director of UK Export Finance (UKEF), a Fellow of Burton & South Derbyshire College and a Judge for The Great British Entrepreneurial Awards. Before establishing E2E, Shalini co-founded the world’s first bank to bank trade finance platform. She was an Investment Director at LDC, the private equity arm of Lloyd’s Banking Group and held finance related roles at Deutsche Bank, Bankers Trust, Natwest Bank and Coopers & Lybrand.
CEO – IWG UK
Richard is the CEO of IWG UK. He joined in 2014 following his role as CEO of G4S’s UK & Ireland Division. IWG UK is the world’s largest provider of flexible workspace solutions offering a fast growing global network of 3,000 locations in 120 countries. Since joining, Richard has consistently delivered year on year growth for Regus’ UK division.
CCO – Dealroom.co, Advisory Board Member – E2E
Douglas is the Chief Commercial Officer of Dealroom.co. He joined the company in May 2020 after being the Head of Online Sales & Marketing at Moonfare. Dealroom.cois the foremost data provider on start-up, early stage and growth company ecosystems in Europe and around the globe. Douglas has also been an Advisory Board Member of E2E since 2017
If you are not an E2E member, we kindly ask you to fill out our membership form here:
Disclaimer: Please note that event timings and dates are subject to change. Our event is designed for founders of growing businesses and business leaders. We try where possible to keep exclusivity. Should E2E deem your position as not suitable for our event, one of our team will remove you from our attendee list and you will be notified. Overt selling will be frowned upon.